Facts about Vaping:
- Calling it a vape is misleading because it’s actually an aerosol.
- When a vape pen is heated and its contents inhaled, it produces something that looks like vapor, but is actually an aerosol much like hairspray.
- False marketing has people believing it is only water-vapor. If you actually inhaled water into your lungs, you would cough and/or choke.
- The aerosol content of a vape is made up of tiny particles of chemicals that cause more damage to the lungs than traditional cigarettes.
- Vaping is illegal for anyone under age 21
- Although many substances can be vaped, teens and young adults most commonly vape flavored e-liquids with nicotine or marijuana (THC).
- Vapes contain HIGH levels of nicotine. 1 pod is approximately equal to 1 to 2 packs of cigarettes.
- Nicotine is HIGHLY addictive, even more so for teens.
- It is now widely recognized that vaping is unhealthy and dangerous.
- The more immediate health effects include coughing and wheezing, behavioral and mood changes, headaches, seizures, vomiting and potential severe lung injury.
- Vaping also negatively affects teens’ attention and learning, impulse control in a way that can affect them in school, sports and social situations.
For more information please visit www.drugfree.org